
Merry Christmas everyone,
I thought that I would wish everyone the best of the holidays to them. There is white snow on the ground and no wind (today) and the sun was shining a moment ago.
I hope that you all have what you would like out of this day. Christmas time is a special time of the year, to do alot with your family and to reflect upon what has happen this past year.
For me, it has been a hard year with all the things that have happened. But alot of good things also happened. And I have tried to keep that in perspective, it is better to remember the good times than the bad. But there are times that the bad crop up, and that is ok also.
I do try not to dwell on "bad" things either, but you do get into a rut and that is when it is really hard to break free of it.
Enough of that.....On to other thoughts.
What do you want for Christmas? If there is one thing that you would want, what would it be?
I heard this on the radio, that the radio station in our area was asking people to send in their 1 wish. Then they would pick one and grant it. And of course, most of them were "sob stories".
Someone wanted their little grandbaby to have a tractor to ride on becasue their parent was in an accident.. or that someone's sibling was sick with cnacer and wanted to go to the family christmas but would not go because they had no money to afford a wig ... etc.
Now don't get me wrong, this is the season fro compassion. And I cried for each of those stories.
But I am cried out for the season. So maybe I need to stop and just look for peace instead. I think that there is not enough Peace in the world at this time.
Peace (according to the American Heritage Dictionary) noun; absence of war or other hostilties; freedom from quarrels and disagreement; harmonious realtions; inner contentment; serenity
Where is the Peace in the world? Maybe like Charlie B. you have to look to yourself before you can look outside of yourself.
So finish out the thought, I think that my one wish would be that there would be Peace in my life and in all the other lives that are connected and linked to mine.
Peace be with you and all of your kin!!!!!!
Shelf Elf