12/30/2008

Happy New Year From Shelf Elf

Hi Folks,

Hard to believe that 2008 is on it's way out. But sometimes it is not moving fast enough. Anyhow, I hope that everyone out there had a good holiday.

Does anyone have their New Year's resolutions done? or looked over last year's to see if you had accomplished yours? Or don't believe in them? Maybe I should do a poll.

I had a hard New Year's Eve last year so I truly did not set myself up with any resolutions other than trying to stay in touch better with my family. It has been hard to do but with my father's passing we have seen more of each other this past year than we have in the last 5 years. So in a way, I have accomplished that. Now the hard part is letting go of the past and to look to the future. Especially this year has felt like I have been in limbo with my personal life at times.

I just had someone tell me that they don;t do resolutions but set goals for themselves. That is one way to look at life. I have found that for me that I do need to set my self with a few goals instead of huge/large goals.

I also try to set up with one personal goal, one family accomplishment and one free option. Maybe this year I should just do one thing instead of a bunch.
Who knows.

This past year, I have done alot even though it doesn't feel like I did. I learned more about the online items that are available for people to use. I have my own My SPace page, my own facebook page and blog (of course).

Well I had better get back to things,

Have a wonderful and safe New Year to everyone out there.

Shelf Elf