11/04/2008

Happy Fall

Hi there,

I know that I have not written in a long time for this blog. But I still am around. Happy fall, I hope that everyone had a nice and safe Halloween. I also hope that everyone was able to go out an vote if they are able. This year is one of the most exciting, boring, longist elections that I have ever seen. I say this because I am truly glad that all the negativity surrounding the elections is finally going to stop. It is very dishearting to think that this election year has to be summed up by listening and reading what someone has to say about the other person and all of it being negative. It just makes me want not to vote at all. But I decided that I was not going to let ruin the process for me. And listening to the public as they have been coming in today, I think that alot of the general public feels that way. but the funny thing is that the politicians are not getting that. I have even heard a few people say that they wish that the campaigns are limited in the length of how long they can bombard the general public about themselves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK now that I am off my soap box. And I am thankful that I live in a country that will allow me the freedom to talk about this.

Now on to other things. It still has been a rough year. And the scary part is that it is finally coming to a close. I really think that for me it has been a year of growth and lost and tragedy and trumiph. It had been a truly long journey for me and I am still on the trip.

Years ago, I had read a truly great story about a mother who planning a trip to Italy and ended up in Holland. It is a story about a mother who was pregnant and planning for her first child and then found out that the child will be born with a birth defect. I felt that this story really had hit home with my daughter and my self.

This past August we had an emergency with her and her CHD. Totally unexpected for her and our fmily. She eneded up needing a Heart Pacemaker surgery done. She is now fine and it is a total new realm to deal with. She is doing fine and she (and us) is learning how to live with this. We were shocked but after all the things she has gone throught, I think we were able to bounce back ok. But still takes time to deal with it. I know that this is rambling but there is a point. And that is, when life puts you into a ball game and you are out in left field waiting to catch the pop ups and you know that you will be getting one sooner or later and then you found out that you are having a basketball thrown at you instead. It hard but you learn to adapt and overcome it.

Well, I had better go.

Shelf Elf