Hi there,
I am not sure if anyone reads this but I still like doing it. Anyhow, I thought that I would update things. It is so nice outside here in Minnesota, on a weekend. Yahoooey. I am hoping to be outside for a bit this afternoon.
It has been a really long, hard, emotional week for this past week. Lots of downers. I really would like to not think about it. But it hard not to, especially when it started with a funeral and went down from there.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have always liked the month of May as I was growing up. The freshness of all the new things in the springtime. The green grass as it is growing after seeing the white and the dingy gay-brown of late winter and early spring of which it is seemed to take forever to end. I love the early flowers, especially lilacs and the tulips and daffodils. I find that this time of year is energizing. I remember when I would walk up to my grandmothers' house in N.H. from my house that I grew up in, that I would always pick a bunch of lilacs from her huge lilac bushes (probably did not help it all but I was young) to give to her. I love the purple color and the smell of them. It is very rare that I can find that smell anymore anywhere. I have tried those sprays and candles. It is very hard to find the exact scent. Oh well. I would love to get a bush for our home.
I like the warmer weather but not tremendously hot and not too cold. I don't think I am asking for much. Just medium weather... Ha ha ha... in Minnesota? Yeah right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hard to believe that school is almost out for another summer, we are in the middle of the flurry of activities that signal the end of the school year. Choir, sports, going to Valleyfair, etc. It seems like this month rushes by so quickly that I find myself thinking that what happen.. where did it go? Why can't I seem to slow down to enjoy this time of year when it is my favorite part? I feel so out of sorts this year. Maybe it is because I have to deal with my father's memorial next month and these last 4 months have been in limbo. I don't know how else to discribe it. Dad is missed, I am finding my self seeing something or thinking of something and then I think that I should share it with Dad and then I remember. That stinks alot. I find that is when I really miss him the most. At least I am not crying every day. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot, I am just about healed from my fractured tailbone too. It is hard to think that I went thru soo much these past few months. I like to beleive I am stronger for it but I knwo that I am just plain tired of being sick or hurt or tired.
I am going home today and just sitting outside and enjoy the day. I know though as soon as I get home from work then I will be bombarded with my families things that need to be done. But I do enjoy that. I think that I just need to recharge myself. I want to do something like draw or paint or soemthing like that but when i finally get in the house I find that I just have the energy to do it right away and I think of it again then it is too dark to something about it.
Life...
Is...
Have a happy spring day folks,
Shelf Elf