It is sunny out side today. Hoo ray. About time. Just the bad thing about Minnesota is that we are about to have a storm tonight, bummer. Just for today, I just would like to have spring. I am really having a bad case of spring fever. I am so glad to see the greener grass, and some plants and even some flowers. I was the MN Landscape Aboretum in Chanhassen, MN on Saturday and got to see some daffodils (they were a tiny bit droopy) and hyacinths. I am soo ready for spring that it is not funny.
I had to go to the Aboretum for a Reader's Advisory class, it was on comic books and graphic novels. I really enjoyed the class for the most part. It was just a really long week last week for work, I was just happy to have the week finished. I got to meet Christopher Jones who is a comic book pencil artist and listen to an author who is a huge Manga/Anime collector talk about the differences of Manga and Anime. It was interesting, but I knew some of it because I have teens in the house. And it is hard not to know about this when they are into it big time.
I also finally became an owner of an apple Ipod nano. But can I figure out how to load the dumb thing.. I worked for 2 hours on it. I am still learning, I finally got some books (the idoit's /dummie etc type) to help me. But I am finding that it is taking me lot longer then it should be taking to do this. I think I finally got some music on my laptop but I can't seem to get it to the iPod. I guess I should let my kids show me how to do it, but I am trying to learn how to do it.
I recieved my flash drive from the 23 Things on a Stick. That was cool, along with my MN Voluntary Certification hours. That was great also. I saw that they were redoing it for the summer months. But hopefully they will continue for the Fall with some new stuff. That would be soo awesome. I really would like to do that. I have found that I really liked doing this.
But how personal do I go? I am not sure if I really want to. Sorry about the ramblings, it has been a long time.
I have been reading alot lately, with a broken tailbone I am finally feeling a bit more comfortable sitting now. This is the 3rd day that I finally able to sit with out a cushion. Yeah that is a huge thing for me. I am happy about that. I am trying to cut back on my med's also. It seems like a long road (nearly 2 months). I think the hardest part is the driving. I hope that I will be able to do alot more than I had been in the last months. I really still have a hard time with walking for a long time or sitting for a long time. Soon.
Well I had better sign off.
Enjoy the sun,
Shelf Elf