It is hard to believe that April is here. It is seems to be going fast for me at least. I guess in part it is because I am recovering from an injury and lots of things had to be placed on the backburner while I recover from it. It is one of those injuries that you have a hard time telling people about it but by the time you say something they say that they had has it or they know someone who has had it. I am talking about a fractured tailbone. I fell down the front steps of my house (cement) and hit really really hard on it. I went to the Dr about 10 after it had happened and found out a week later that it was fractured. So now I am trying to recover. This weekend had been the best weekend by far. It had been 4 weeks since I had fallen ( I have fallen and can't get up... just the commercial years back) and I didn't have to work or go somewhere. In Minnesota, I can tell you that it is really painful to have a fractured tailbone when the frost heaves are happening or the potholes are opening up on the road. Since I had this happen, I now have to sit on a ring or aka "donut". A bit embarrassing, especially since we had PLA and one had "popped" (that was a painful drive home from Minneapolis) and I have had a lot of places that I had to go these last few weeks. It is a bit embarrassing to have to take it in to the church, to work, to a restuarant, on a trip with some fellow MN Volunteer Certification students to see Nancy Pearl or even to sit on a chair at home. I was told that this could take 4 - 6 -8 weeks to heal. I can honestly say that this ranks up there with childbirth. I know that this is more than what some people like to read about but it has taken alot of my time in the last few weeks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spring started so early this year that it is hard to think that it is here when we keep having snow, just last week the school here was cancelled for the day. But now it is gone except for the little areas in the shade. I have been seeing robins alot and the poor things were just shivering with all the snow. This past Saturday was great, sunshine and no wind helped to bring spring around but I just wish that these type of days would happen more frequently. It is just teasing us with the warm nice weather then it gets really icky out again for days then it will be nice for a day. Welcome to Minnesota in April. I really like the month of May.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was able to attend the PLA conference, I went only to the exhibits but I had a good time. It was really interesting to see what is available for the libraries and for the personnel who work there. I was able to have some books (and even audio) signed by the authors. That was cool. The most interesting demos was the World Book Web demo. I was truly impressed with it. And how much more it is now. I also saw the companies that my library system uses. I also was able to meet some people from around the US ( New York, Ohio and New Orleans). I also had my picture taken with Nancy Pearl. Which is funny because the following week I had a Reader's Advisory class with her as the speaker. She is such an interesting person, becuase of all the books that she has read over the years. READ-A-HOLIC just like I am. Too many books not enough time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I had better post this to the blog. I will have to do more this upcoming week with the rest of my posting.
Shelf Elf