I found out about this last summer for one of my classes for MN Vol Certification. I liked the thought of having some like this for my own personal collection of books but for the use in the library, oh yes, I can see this.
I create my account and it was very very easy. I found that I liked this very much. I was able to start listing my books ( and ones I have read, but what should I list the ones I own or all the ones I have and read also???, such decisions to make...) and found that it was very easy to do. The only item that I didn't like and maybe I am doing it wrong is that when I search and find an item in the list to add to my list. Then I have to re-enter in what I was searching for in the first place. That is a bit annoying. Otherwise this is a great resource for me who is a comfirmed "reader". LOL
I am not sure if it would be used for any cataloging my library. But I could see the use for our library groups to see what they have read and what they will be reading in the future. And for other groups to look at also. That would be the only way I could see it being used by the public. I could see it for schools though, and for their clubs also.
It would be nice if there was a book club alternative also.
Two thumbs up.
Shelf Elf