I looked at both the Puzzle Pirates and Second Life. I can see the appeal to the younger ages, and some what for me. But I don't know if I could actually spend money on purchasing land in cyber space versus really wanting to do it in real life. It would be nice to create an alter ego, but I can see how it would be a very easy thing to get so caught up in it and lose reality. I am at the age where my real life is complicated enough. ( Then again it would be fun just to go and lose your self in a fantasy setting and not worry about life too. Again to easy to lose your perspective in life.) I know as a parent of a students that they spend way too much time on the internet as it is, that we feel that can be not too healthy and this type of situation would lead to some unhealthy. Aren't they always saying that kids spend way too much time inside, doing the gaming , be it online or at the game consoles. It is hard to teach them that it can be too much.
Sorry about that. I liked the Puzzle Pirates. It appealed to me at first. It was fun, it always seems very busy. I tried it for a bit and lost track of time. LOL I played a few different games and had alot of fun doing it. And met some really funny charcters along the way that helped me with some things.
Shelf Elf