9/03/2010

My Quest for places that sell my hobby.

HI Folks,

I am going to talk about how I was at MN's MOA this week and found out that a place that was a regular there since it was open is no longer there. To say the least I was shocked about that. I am truly disappointed about this. But then again it is the state of our economy I guess. But I am ok because of other places are still available to me to be able to purchase from.  Just was wondering what happened, I was just there in the spring and it was still available and open. Now it is closed and their website doesn't carry my model horses. They used to have a good range of the newer ones available so that I was able to see them in person if I liked them or not. I usually bought one, but it was on the higher end of purchasing from them. Now nothing.
I will be able to get model horses but now have to hunt for them in various locations, which involves gas and time on my part. But then that is part of the hobby that I am in.

I am looking for some of the newer items that came out for the Mid-year releases, such as the Elvis resin and Diamond Jubilee 60th anniversary ASB and still the Pink Ribbon horse. That is hard to find. I saw them at BF and thought "oh no, I can get it when I get home" and I have yet to find a single one. Sigh..... I really don't want to order offline, (involves cc / etc...)or other means and having to wait to see if they are ok when they arrive. Instead of being able to touch and see which one appeals to me with my own eyes. It feels very disassociated to me.   I really would miss the excitement that I would get when I would find one that I had been really looking for.

Oh well, that's my rant for the day I guess. Off I go to hunt down a lead I have on a location. Have a good Labor day weekend folks.

Shelf Elf