I do like the fact you can now find maps online so that you can locate a place that you need to go to. I am a huge fan of it. But I do find Google Maps is harder to work with because it likes to anticipate what you want and most of the time it is not what I want. I find that it hard to move around in. It likes to expand or decrease greatly, when I just want to go only one time/level. That is very annoying. I find it very frustrating at for me. I have found Yahoo! maps a bit easier to work with.
I do like the fact that you can make a amp of your destination or your student can make one for their reports. That is cool. But again I am having a hard being very very patient with the jumping around.
I did a Mashup of a trip through the White Mountains. THe hardest thing is attaching it to the Blog.