I started this once and then my connection was lost. D*** it.
Anyhow here it goes for the 2nd time. I joined both of them. (To the horror of my kids. lol)
I am listed as Shelf Elf, (hopefully) and I am finding that it is harder to work with the MySpace then the Facebook. I was able to joined a few library groups in the Facebook but in the MySpace is a bit harder to find them. I must not be searching for them correctly. I like some of the features that the MySpace has over the Facebook. I can see the more mature using the Facebook vs the MySpace. It seems like it is a step in between the younger kids who did the MySpace in school and then graduated up to the Facebook when they went to college.
I also can see most of the young populace using both. But like my older sibling has told me, that future employers are looking for these type of pages of future employees to see what they represent. If you think about it, with kids posting pic's of them selves online doing things that they really don't want their employers/even their families to see, they don't see that this could pose a preventable thing. But as a social networking thing it is good. If it is just used for that. Some use it for the love hunting, it takes something away from the fist contact that you make when you first meet someone.
Sorry, again it is hard not to think about this when I see all different things happening in my job.
To go back to me having the pages, I was able to poke a few people in Facebook. I had a harder time of it in MySpace, I must not be searching correctly for the library things. It is taking alot of time to do that. I can see the use in the Facebook, it is cleaner looking and alot less "busy" looking. In MySpace, I was able to find a favorite band (as I had read in some other blogs). I can see it being fun for the teen, young adults. But I can see it more for the schools versus the public libraries.
In all I have enjoyed it.
Shelf Elf