3/09/2008

Thing 5 More Flickr Fun

I put Thing 5 on my blog at the bottom. It was very easy to play around with. I had really good time doing it. I just could not figure out which one to do but I found that some were a bit harder to do but some you just plugged in the image or words that you wanted and it just happened. The one I chose from was from the 10 Best Flickr Mash-ups. I had to look up the definition of what a Mash-up was on Wikipedia. That is helpful. I had never heard of the term before I started doing this. I probably will be doing more of the mash-ups as time allows.

I can see the helpfulness of this for libraries to use to attract the patrons attention to their blog or web page that they are working on. I am going to be helping with another blog in the future for middle schoolers and books blog. So I can see the usefulness in that since that is the age that the kids are so use to computers that it is a natural part of their lives that they can't seem to think that it could be done any other way. I think that as long as you are aware to available tools that are out there to be used, why not? But the problem is how much available time to you have to do things like this unless it is worked into your day.

I know that this sounds so rambling, but I am finding that the challenge of doing a blog is fun and I think of all the other different things that I could do in my personal life with blogging. But everything has a cautionary side too, I just have to remember how easy to it is to put so much information out on the web that you to make sure that not much of it is personal. Or if it is to make sure you are doing it with a degree of safety.

That is why I like the options in Flickr (or others like FLickr) give people a sense of privacy if that is what they wanted. LIke the public photos and groups and privacy availability.

Well there is my ramblings on this.
Have good afternoon,

Shelf ELf