2/07/2008

What is your favorite children's...

I am learning as I am doing this so I hope that everyone is patient with me.
I found that this is harder and easy to do. But as with everything, it takes time to learn.

" What is your favorite children's book, author and illustrator?"
This is a favorite question of mine at work, when I have a moment to talk to the patrons. I have few that are my childhood favorites and few from when I have grown up. LOL :o)
Any of the Walter Farley's Black Stallion series.
Dr. Seuss books, but there are a few that stand out, such as " My Many Colored Days" (published after he passed away) and "Oh The Places You'll Go".
Charles Anderson's Blaze series.
Any of the Trina Schart Hyman illustrated books.
Any of the Jan Brett books.
Any of the Eric Carle books.
I like to revist these friends from long ago. Even now that my little elves are not so little any more, I like to reread them and look at them. I have found that I have not forgotten any of the stories.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today I was thinking about this because of the past month had been very difficult. My father, who recently passed away, used to read these heavy big chapter books to a very eager young girl child who could not read them but just knew that they were about horses. It is a bitter-sweet memory for me, but I needed to take it out and remember the joy of it. I do miss him alot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for visiting and reading,
SHelf Elf