Where will I find the time to do these 23 Things on a Stick? I am finding that this project is taking abit of my time when I have moment. Somedays I hardly have a moment to even think about it, but I am trying to look for things when I am online. On my few days off, like today then I am trying to do this in between the personal/family/house/pet time. So I guess my answer is any where and when I am able.
As to Why am I doing the 23 Things on a Stick? I started out doing this for my Minnesota Voluntary Certification for Library Employees. But the further I got into making of my blog, the more I started to enjoy myself. So I am doing this for both the Certification program and for myself. I am hoping to learn more about the things that seem so common place, such as Blogging, MySpace, Facebook, podcasts and etc.
How has the Internet affected my work and home? At work it is so common, that it is hard to imagine the library without it there. I have work at my library long enough to see the beginning of it and to see how far it has come. At first it was only young people using it, but now I am seeing all types and ages of people coming in to use it. As for my home, we have it and it is hard to imagine our lives without it. I use it 5 -8 times a week. My family use it about the same. We use it for looking up things, to checking YouTube videos, Itunes, MySpace and etc. I check emails nearly everyday,to connect with family in other parts of the country. It has changed our daily routines enough that some times our lives revolve around it.
Where am I in the knowledge of Web 2.0 and the tools ? I feel that I am about the middle, I know about some of the big items, such as the YouTube, Facebook, Instant Messenging, and other things. But on some of the others, I am still learning. I will say that having Teens in the home are helpful in knowing about these things. Because you hear about it all the time.
As for my library, we are a county system and we are learning about it now. So some of it is being used now but alot of it we are just learning about it on a library level.
What are some of the things I am looking forward to? I am looking forward to learning about Flickr and Wiki and some of the other things. I know that there is alot out there I still need to learn about, but I know that I am very willing to at least give it a try.