2/29/2008

Thing 3 : RSS

Hi there folks,

I finally able to figure out the RSS (Real Simple Syndication) after attending a Tech Talk, that our library system had put on. I worked my way half way through it but I was not get the part about how to link it to news feeds and to other web pages. I was able to link the library cartoon -- Unshelved to my blog too. It took a long time and with lots of help from my follow blogs I was finally able to link it up. ( I went with Google Reader for mine, and after talking to my follow "bloggers", am glad that I did after hearing some of the troubles that Bloglines seems to be.) I can see the use of having a RSS feed for personal use and for professional use. It is good thing but it will something that needs to be kept up with I can see. I found some of the feeds from locations that I like to frequent and also from the 23 Things on a Stick website and talking to and reading my follow bloggers sites.

I find that talking to others do help and I did go in a looked at the other blogger sites. That was great seeing what others have done to their sites.

Have a good day,
Shelf Elf